The West Stafford Fire Department was formed by a group of citizens in 1946 to provide fire protection to the village of West Stafford. The department proudly protects 7500 people living in an area of 35 square miles. We operate out of one main station; as well as a cooperative satellite facility with Stafford Fire Department #1. With a response area ranging from urban to rural, with an industrial and retail component. The district is also home to Johnson Memorial Hospital, Evergreen Health Care Facility, as well as several Schools, Churches, a large seasonal Camping & Recreation facility and the Stafford Motor Speedway.
The West Stafford Fire Dept. operates from a 14,200 square foot facility. This facility, dedicated in 1996, replaced our original station, which was built in 1948. The addition to the station was built in 2008. We also share a cooperative station with Staffordville Fire Dept.located at:27 Willington Ave. Stafford Springs, Connecticut.
Steady growth in our area has taken us from about 300 runs in 1995, to 950 runs in 2018
Our Department is a public department and is 100% volunteer.
We have an ISO rating of 9/6
The West Stafford Fire Dept.is a full service emergency services provider, offering Fire Suppression, Rescue and EMS services to the town of Stafford. We also provide Mutual-Aid services to the surrounding communities.
Deputy Chief Joseph Comarella
SCUBA and support personnel to the County Dive Team
Search & Rescue personnel to the Tolland County Search and Rescue Team
Personnel to the Tolland County Wildfire Team
Resources to the Tolland County Tactical Groups and Strike Teams for both Fire & Heavy Rescue and Tanker Groups
Special Hazards 144 (Decontamination Unit and Special Hazards Truck)Anytime, anywhere it may be needed in support of the State of Connecticut or Federal Authorities for as long as the mission lasts!
We also provide fire and rescue services at all events at the Stafford Motor Speedway, a NASCAR facility which hosts bot local and touring divisions.